The MP said she had lost patience with the CS’s responses.
“I have listened to what the Cabinet Secretary has said concerning the ladies confirmed matched with relatives,” she began. “But I refuse to sit in this house to listen to the CS confirm that the ministry cannot capture suspects who were previously under their custody.”
Githunguri MP Gathoni Wamuchomba at the Jamhuri Awards held at KICC, Nairobi-Photo Courtesy Tuko News
She pressed on.
“It’s not right for the cabinet secretary to tell us the suspect has disappeared. What hope is he promising the victim? It has been three months since the suspect disappeared.”
During the suspension, Wamuchomba will not access Parliament facilities — including restaurants, the gym, and other precincts.
Speaker of the National Assembly Moses Wetangula making remarks during the joint State of the Nation address by President William Ruto on Thursday, November 21, 2024
Her exit came amid mounting frustration over Khalusha’s escape.
CS Murkomen Defends Ministry
Responding to questions, Murkomen confirmed that DNA analysis on body parts found at the Kware dumpsite matched five women.
“The Internal Affairs Unit launched an independent inquiry into the escape. Investigations are ongoing,” he told the House.
He added that a special multi-agency team was tracking the fugitive.
“Operations are in progress to trace and apprehend the suspect so he can be charged before a court of law,” Murkomen said.
Policy Changes Underway
Murkomen revealed that the National Police Service is adopting new measures to improve safety and accountability in handling abductions and extrajudicial killings.